Saturday, July 10, 2010

Finding inspiration and teaching my son values





At times I feel a need to reach out and talk to someone else as I worry naturally given the difficult economic times we live in and I always am concerned for my son and his needs having both an autistic spectrum disorder and epilepsy to deal with. I am sometimes not sure how best to make things better for my son. My main concern is that I provide a safe and certain home life for my family and a loving and nurturing home for our son free from worry. Given the times we live in today I find I think and worry a lot more. With the rising costs in medical care and the continuing escalating costs to live today it's a wonder how we can maintain peace and happiness in our lives. We are under so much stress today and I have many sleepless nights. I want my son to feel safe and protected at all times and I always make sure I always listen to him and spend as much time with him as I can.

As a father of a young son I want everything to be perfect but it seems that is an impossibility so I try with all my heart and soul to make it as perfect as I can. The most unsettling thing in life is that we live with such uncertainty yet we try to make things always seem certain for our children. When I spend time with my son I feel happy and want our day to be filled with fun and excitement. I always enjoy seeing my son smile and happy but that is not always the case. My son sometimes does get upset and very frustrated and it can be a struggle to get him calm and feeling better and it takes a toll for both my wife and I emotionally because we don't always know how to make our son feel better. The only time I feel true peace is when I see my son finally sleeping peacefully and that seems to take a long time for him as he tosses and turns for quite sometime before he finally falls asleep.

I am starting to realize more and more how important it is for me to plan for my son's future. I need to find a way to provide financial security so my son will be protected in the event he is not able to care for himself as he grows into a young man. I will have to find other ways to assure a certain income stream. It is very important to be employed today to meet all your living costs and equally as important to build a business. As I realize the uncertainty with the economic downturn that has been ongoing for several years now and unemployment continuing to rise with a dried up job market how it is more urgent to find an opportunity that can provide a chance without false hope to build a business network over time with patience, dedication and mentoring  that generates a reliable source of income in the way of residual income. It seems the changing economic landscape is forcing people to rethink how they make a living today to assure financial certainty.

As my father told me years ago it is very important to have faith and to find inspiration in your life. There will be times when you will feel all alone and no one there to pick you up when you fall. That is when you have to summon your strength to find the courage and hope you need to weather through those difficult times and hold on to faith and the teachings of Jesus. It is very important that we know where we came from and that we understand that our existence here is but a brief moment in the annals of time.

One of the hardest things that I deal with as the father of an autistic son is my son's difficulties in relating to others and his behavior. It has been challenging through the years and it weighs heavily on me as I find myself wondering what it will take to get my son actively involved in something he will like and give him an opportunity to make friends. I certainly know what it is like to feel unsure and shy away from others but I also know how to take responsibility and to find a way to fit in. I have always maintained a drive and dedication that I learned from my parents and I have always realized the importance of showing respect and maintaining trust, loyalty and integrity with others. I also know how frustrating and difficult the road we travel can be so I keep all this in mind when I teach my son valuable lessons of life.

It is our hope that we can provide our son with the education, encouragement, love, devotion, inspiration, and financial security he will need in his life to do his best and make a life for himself. We will always be there to help guide him and help him navigate the road he travels in his life and teach him the valuable lessons of life and instill in him the values that are noble and good that will define him as a person. I don't want him to feel different because he is autistic. I want him to feel that he can achieve and do wonderful things because he is special and gifted and even though he may have an autistic spectrum disorder it doesn't mean he has to feel discouraged or limited. I want him to know he has tremendous abilities and is very intelligent and he should always strive for his absolute best in all he does. My most important challenge is to build a dependable income stream through my hard work, effort and the help and guidance from others who have done the same so I will eventually be able to provide for my son financial security long after I am gone.

Edward D. Iannielli III
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to read my writings and leave a kind message or suggestion. Thank you. Emily