Thursday, December 17, 2009

For Matthew, my son


Matthew my son, you are my light, my shining beacon. You are my inner strength. I can have a hard day but when I see your smile my heart just beats stronger and my love grows with no boundaries as I forget what seemed difficult earlier. You teach me through your own wisdom and childlike innocence. It is with great pride and joy I speak of you and tell the world how much you and Maria mean to me. I am so very grateful for your smile, your insatiable desire to learn and for all your wonderful questions.

The love you hold within your heart is just as powerful as the love I hold within my heart for you and your mommy. You are what is right with the world. You are what is right with my life. You are what is right with me. You are the gift that makes my heart light shine.

My early memories of you are when your mom so proudly held you in her arms at the hospital to nurture and love you and to show you off to all.

I know you have your difficulties as we all do and I realize we don't see the world quite the same, as you have to adjust to the limitations that autism imposes on you. I do however know within my heart that we all have a purpose and a reason for our lives and so I say to you with a father's love that you should always follow your dreams and never be afraid. You are special in every way and you should never be discouraged and should always build upon your failures. Your life is just as important as any one else's and you should always remember that.

No matter how many times you are tested in your life always remember that you have something so very powerful. You have a lot of love in your heart and an inner beauty that always comes through and that will help guide you in your life.

You are my son. You are my love. You are my life.

God Bless you Matthew!

Love always and forever.

Mommy and Daddy

Edward D. Iannielli III

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to read my writings and leave a kind message or suggestion. Thank you. Emily