Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Matty, Our little boy so special in every way!


If I could tell you how I felt on the days I was away at work and not able to see you because it was another late night or when I am driving in my car and I hear the Harry Chapin song Cat's in the cradle or when I am in the city near a client's office and I walk by the Empire State Building and you are not by my side looking in awe I would tell you that there isn't a day that goes by when I'm not thinking of you and your mom. You are always on my mind and I just think I am the luckiest man in the world to have you both in my life. I am always hoping you are having a great day at school and you are learning and enjoying yourself and talking and letting your classmates get to know you. It seems we all have to experience our individual lives and yet also experience togetherness as a family and eventually friendship, responsibility and so many things that shape our personality and make us who we are.

As my son celebrates another birthday I made sure I left work early enough so we could go out to Friendly's and celebrate his special day and enjoy each others company and have a nice dinner and ice cream. It is nice to spend time together as a family and as Matthew grows he will realize it is equally important spending time with friends as he needs to learn to socialize and find fun things to do with kids his age. After dinner Maria, Matthew and Grandma went home while I stopped to buy Matthew his birthday presents and do a little Christmas shopping. Since Matthew enjoys writing and drawing I bought him some large drawing pads and crayola twistable pencils which will surely provide him hours of fun and I also bought him some nice clothes for the winter.

I still remember when I was a kid and when my parents would take us out to celebrate our birthdays and we would go for pizza and italian ices or go to Mc Donalds. It was fun and we always cherished those days and I can still remember them as if they were yesterday. We don't realize how important it is to savor the moments when we are young and together with our family and enjoying each others company because time just flies by and before you know it we are adults and have lives of our own and we don't have the time we wished we had since we are so wrapped up in our lives with our work and our families like the great Harry Chapin song so eloquently states. It is so important to spend time with our kids and teach them and show them the way like we were shown by our parents. We need to learn how to manage our time more efficiently so we can devote the time just as much to those who are so important to us.

To me the joy of family is the unity we feel even when we are apart during the day and the unconditional love we have for our children. This is so powerful and such a major influence in our lives. For when we have family we have so much to be grateful for as this is what keeps us together and makes us strong and very happy. The happy times I remember as a kid are my inspiration in providing my son with happy times too. Matthew and I enjoy music and since it is Christmastime we are going to see a concert that will give us both joy because we are going to see a concert performed by Transiberian Orchestra and when we went last year we had such a great time. The music was beautiful and full of Christmas cheer. Transiberian Orchestra's music has special meaning to me because that is what I was listening to in my car when I was driving back and forth to the hospital when our son Matthew was born back in 1998 in December.

So I am just so happy to see Matthew growing and becoming a young man. He is a handsome little boy who keeps reminding us that he is no longer a little boy. Now that he has celebrated another birthday he is starting to really mature and we are now starting to realize that he is no longer that little boy. He is absolutely right but we still know that he is our little boy and he is truly special in every way.

Happy Birthday Matthew! Mommy and Daddy love you so very much!

Edward D. Iannielli III

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to read my writings and leave a kind message or suggestion. Thank you. Emily