Saturday, September 26, 2009

It's all a mystery to me!







Life is a wonderful gift and a vast mystery. I often wondered about the meaning of life and how we are all here by a twist of fate. I often wondered if my parents had not met how life would be so much different. I would not have had this wonderful opportunity and I am very fortunate that my parents did meet. To me it seems like a miracle that our parents met and our lives came to be. It all seems so complex and it seems there is so much chance and luck being involved. I often wondered if I never went to see a psychologist during my time of despair a few years after my mom died if I would still have met Maria. I feel we were destined to meet and I feel my mom was responsible in a way because I felt a great need to seek help and was fortunate enough to get the help I needed and be introduced through the psychologist's help to Maria. By Maria and I meeting through the help of God, my mom and the psychologist we were blessed to bring Matthew into the world. This to me is a miracle and the best gift we have ever experienced in our life.

It seems so incredible when you try to trace your family roots and how far back it seems to go. It is so very hard to go back past three generations but it seems you can go back so far and what seems even more incredible is that we have relatives that were born so long ago and are now gone as far as centuries ago. To me it is hard to grasp and yet by all our past family members coming together helped in us coming into this world and hopefully we will play a part in others coming into the world years from now. This is why Life is so wonderful and so mysterious and we are all here by sheer luck.

It also seems a bit sad that some are never born because the people who were supposed to meet never did. I can think of instances where this is so true. During wartime when you think of all the young men and women who served their country with pride and courage who were of age to marry and have families never had the opportunity because they died far too soon and far too young serving their country. In some cases men who recently became fathers for the first time or having more than one leaving their young wives behind with children also dying in action and their wives being left alone to raise their children having hoped to have them back and wishing they could have had more children. It just seems so sad and upsetting when you think about it. I also get sad when I think of all the young men and women who died on September 11th who were planning to marry and have families or who were expecting their first only to die is such a heartache and so difficult to imagine. Just imagining what could have been and how drastic the changes as a result that can never ever be measured. Another sad and tragic event that led to the deaths of so many was the Holocaust where life for so many had changed and it is unimaginable how many young families were exterminated and the possibility of life for so many tragically taken away. It all makes no sense and I often wonder why tragedies like these occur. It just seems so cruel and makes absolutely no sense.

This is why we should be so grateful for being given this wonderful gift of life and we should do all we can to be good and kind and loving and to provide our best for our children and families. We are all here and are so very lucky and privileged.

To ponder the mystery of life will only make you think about all the possibilities and seem more amazed how we are born into the world and blessed with life. It truly is like winning the lottery because the odds are so low and the possibilities so many.

I am very honored to be here and so happy to have my wife and son in my life and for having wonderful parents and sisters. Life is grand and I am blessed to be living life and one of my favorite movies is "It's a wonderful Life" with Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed. I feel that one person does make a difference in life as the movie portrays.

We teach Matthew the beauty and meaning of life so he will grow to appreciate it and know that his mommy and daddy love him so very much and are so very proud of him.

Life is a mystery and Life is wonderful!

Edward D. Iannielli III

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to read my writings and leave a kind message or suggestion. Thank you. Emily