Friday, September 25, 2009

Picking yourself up and appreciating what you have.




It's only natural to feel sad and sometimes depressed when you experience difficult events in life as we all do. The best we can do in instances when we are experiencing such feelings is to talk to our spouse and family and maintain the same type of regimen we always have so we don't get so self absorbed. It is also important to seek help from a doctor or professional as it is quite normal to have such feelings. As we get older we are confronted with life changing events such as the loss of our parents, the reality that our children will eventually grow up and become independent, the concern for our personal health, the concern for our loved one's personal health and so much more. Life is ever changing and we try to make the best of it as we experience such changes. It is important to work through our feelings and not ignore them.

I tend to like my times of being alone in certain instances and other times being surrounded by my wife, son, mother-in-law and my friends and family. Its important to recognize when you need your privacy and when you need to be with others.

I tend to absorb myself in my work so I don't think so much and it helps me get through the difficult times and I feel so much better when I am progressing with my assignments and not worrying about personal matters. It is important to maintain balance and to know when to separate the two. When I know I am spending a late night at work I make it a point to call my wife and son to tell them I love them and that I will be home late. They know during tax season that my work schedule is demanding and I will have my share of late nights.

It is very important to be attentive to your feelings and to not ignore them and if necessary seek a form of treatment whether it be medical or a form of counseling. I have made the decision to seek my doctor and he has prescibed medication which seems to help me with dealing with sad feelings and depression. I have been also trying to be attentive to my wife's and son's needs as well and recognize the importance of spending time with them and valuing our time together as a family.

Music and writing are very calming for me and when I choose to be alone at times I seem to enjoy listening to my music and writing about things important to me. I feel it is very important to chronicle your experiences and write about them because it makes you more aware of yourself and helps you connect more. Since writing I feel I have come to understand myself and my family more and know what is important in life. I want to write all my feelings down because when it is my time I don't want to have unanswered questions. I am lucky to have my own family and to have such loving family and friends and work responsibilities and memories of my parents. Although things have changed in my life I do recognize that I am the same person and no matter what I will always be the same person and it is important to try to live life and do my best for my family, my sisters and their families, my parents memory, my employer, my friends, my charities and myself.

My main focus obviously is my family, my responsibilities to my son and helping him get a fine education and giving him the proper attention, guidance, nurturing and love he needs ,my responsibilities to my wife and being there for her and communicating more, my responsibilities to my employer and their clients, my responsibilities to family and friends and my responsibilities to myself.

I feel we have no guarantees in life and we are lucky enough to have what we have and we try to make the best of it and do all we can so we can have fulfilling lives and leave our children with the knowledge and confidence to live their lives and to appreciate all they have and to strive to be their very best. My dad had done all this and for him he felt his time was finished as he did all he possibly could for all of us and we are blessed for it and I have learned so much from him and mom. All I can say to him and mom as I miss them both so very much is this,

Dear Mom and Dad,

I love you both so very much and I am so very grateful for all you have done for us and all you had given us as children and as adults even though we were always children in your eyes. I have so many wonderful memories of you both and I will cherish them and make sure I carry on as a loving parent to my son as you did for me, Kathy and Joanie. I am saddened to lose you both but know you did your best in raising us and I am very lucky knowing I had you both in my life as I feel very lucky to have Maria and Matthew in my life as well. I can honestly say that you both made me a truly caring and loving person and made me feel compassion and a sense of purpose and for that I am very grateful.

Thank you for all you have done and all you have given us throughout our lives and thank you Dad for always being there for me and my family. Your love for Matthew made such a difference and he misses you so much. Mom, we love you and know you are taking good care of Dad.

I am so grateful to you both and will say goodbye for now! I love you so very much.

Your son,

Edward D. Iannielli III
and his family

Maria Jesusa Gonzales Iannielli
Matthew Iannielli

Mother-in-law
Terrisita Napoles Gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to read my writings and leave a kind message or suggestion. Thank you. Emily